Report a problem that needs to be fixed

We can normally resolve these problems without you having to make a formal complaint.

Appeal a fine or decision

You can challenge or appeal these without having to make a formal complaint.

We can't take complaints about PCNs, but you may be able to appeal your PCN.

Appeals about planning decisions and enforcement are dealt with under the Town and Country Planning Appeals procedure.

Appeal a planning decision (GOV.UK)

There is no formal right to appeal against an FPN. If you have received an FPN for littering or dog fouling you can challenge the FPN within 14 days of the issue of the notice.

Make a formal complaint

What do you want to make a complaint about?

Please complain directly to the school.

Complain about a school

We can't accept a complaint about something over which you have taken legal action, or which is being considered by a court or a tribunal. Please raise these issues with your legal representative.

If you weren't able to resolve the problem using the options above, you can make a formal complaint to us.

  • email:
  • writing to: Complaints Team, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, SM4 5DX
  • telephoning: 020 8545 3060 (weekdays 10am to 2pm). We may ask you to confirm the details of your complaint in writing or by email.

If you have a complaint about children's social care, you can contact us by: