On this page
It is against the law to allow your dog to foul the pavement or a public open space. Dog mess is anti-social and can cause blindness in children.
You can put your dog poo bags in any litter bin in the borough, excluding recycling bins.
If you see anyone allowing their dog to foul, please note down as many details of the event as possible such as:
- the date and time of the incident
- the precise location
- a description of the dog and person
- the identity of the person and their address (if known).
You should also sign and date your written record.
Owners who do not clean up after their dog may be:
- given a fixed penalty notice or
- prosecuted and fined up to £1,000.