Report a suspected breach of planning control

Report a planning breach

We do not accept anonymous complaints. If you do not want to give your details please contact your councillor and ask them to log the complaint on your behalf.

Our enforcement files are confidential. However, if we take legal action it may not be possible to keep your name or details of your complaint confidential. We will always seek your consent to reveal your details before doing so.


What we don't investigate

  • land boundary or ownership disputes
  • work to party walls
  • smell, noise and pollution (unless a breach of condition attached to a planning permission).  These issues are dealt with by Environmental Health
  • abandoned cars on the highway. These are dealt with by Street Management
  • structural works to buildings (unless Listed Buildings).  These are dealt with by Building Control

Contact us

Planning Enforcement
London Borough of Merton
Merton Civic Centre
London Road