We aim to maintain all footpaths and roads in a safe and attractive condition.

Once you report a road, footpath or street furniture defect, we will visit the site to make an inspection. If the defect meets our criteria for repair, we will request the repairs to be carried out by our contractor. This can take 28 days after the initial inspection.

If the defect does not meet our criteria for repair at this time, it will be monitored as part of our inspection schedule for any deterioration.

Transport for London (TfL) are responsible for things on red routes. Please contact TFL to report defects on red routes.

Report a problem

Report a pothole or other road surface problem

Report a damaged pavement

Report a faulty manhole cover

Report damage to street f​urniture​

Report a litter, fly-tipping or street cleaning problem

Report another problem with a road or pavement


Funding from central government

When we apply for funding from central government for highway maintenance we have to publish the application form on our website.