A vehicle might be abandoned if:

  • it's no longer taxed (you can check this online: check if a vehicle is taxed)
  • it's been in the same spot for a long time - for example more than 4 weeks
  • it has flat tyres, missing wheels, broken windows or other damage
  • it's burnt out
  • the number plates are missing

Report it

Report an abandoned vehicle

To help us resolve the problem quickly, please tell us:

  • the date the tax was due (if it is untaxed)
  • the vehicle's make, model, registration number (number plate) and colour
  • the exact location (such as the nearest address)
  • how long the vehicle has been there
  • the vehicle’s condition
  • your contact details, in case we have difficulty locating the vehicle

If a vehicle is blocking your driveway

You can report a vehicle blocking your dropped kerb. We may be able to issue a penalty charge notice (PCN) to the driver.

If a vehicle is preventing you from getting your own vehicle out, the police may be able to help.
Report nuisance parking to the Metropolitan Police


We don't treat bicycles as abandoned vehicles, but you can report obstructively parked hire cycles to us.

Report an untaxed vehicle

You can report an untaxed vehicle on a road to the DVLA.
Report an untaxed vehicle (GOV.UK)

Housing estates

Abandoned vehicles on housing estates should be reported to the owners of the housing estate.

Report an abandoned vehicle on a Clarion Housing estate

Private land

If you find an untaxed and abandoned vehicle on privately owned land, the occupant of the property (or agent) can write to us. Landowners, written permission will need to be provided in order for us to investigate the abandoned vehicle.