Coronavirus advice and guidance
Information, advice and guidance for settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Financial and business support during the coronavirus outbreak
The Early Years Foundation Stage framework
All Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, which sets the standards for learning, development and care of children from birth to five. For further advice and information about meeting the requirements of the EYFS, other helpful resources, and to download the statutory guidance use the following links:
Meeting the needs of children with additional needs
Information and documentation is available online to help childcare providers to best support children with SEN, disabilities and vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
Effective safeguarding and child protection
- It is everybody’s responsibility to keep children and young people safe. If you are not sure if a child is at risk, seek advice from a ‘designated person’ in your setting or speak to a MASH (Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub) worker (020 8545 4226). We provide advice online about what do if you are worried about a child
- The MASH is the single point of contact for all safeguarding concerns regarding children and young people in Merton
- If a childcare provider has concerns about a child, or a child is seriously injured in their care they should follow the Contact Protocols below for safeguarding of children.
- Merton’s Continuous Improvement Team provides a free advice and support service during office hours for providers when a serious incident involving children or staff has occurred. Email:
- To find Safeguarding training courses for Early Years providers at
mertoncpd.co.uk/cpd type EYSAFE in the Event Code search box.
- Ongoing suitability of staff safeguarding and health declaration forms:
- The Merton Safeguarding Children Board website is available here:
- The Government has a useful guide for practitioners available here:
What to do if you're worried a child is being abused
Resources and tools to help you sustain your childcare business
We do not have a direct phone line option for Early Years providers to call. Please use email to contact us at all times.
Early Years, Childcare and Children's Centres Service
10th Floor, Civic Centre