Welcome to the Merton Early Education and Childcare Training and Development Programme 2019 to 2020. Developed and delivered by experienced and qualified Early Years professionals in the Early Years and Childcare Team, the training programme is for staff who are currently working in Ofsted registered Merton early education and childcare providers, maintained primary schools and children's centres.
Training and development programme 2019-20
Training and development programme 2019-20. There is also a
Inside the training and development programme:
- A greatly improved universal offer, which is fully funded
- New training courses
- Great value Firm Foundations Network - a special bundle of peer-to-peer support, advice and information.
- A new Early Years Conference on 15 October 2019
- Pay-as you-go inset training and advisory support options
All training can be booked via
Our Universal Offer is fully funded for all childcare providers in Merton. It includes:
- Regular training bulletins. To receive bulletins please email us at
- Healthy Early Years London (HEYL) is an awards scheme which supports and recognises achievements in child health, wellbeing and development in Early Years settings. You can find out more, including how to register on the
The Wandle Early Years Hub Merton and Wandsworth Councils are working together with childcare providers as the Wandle Early Years Hub with an aim to increase the take up of free childcare places for 2-year-olds.
Family Services Directory (FSD) provides lots of information about childcare providers, local support services, parenting groups, children's centres, community groups, places to go and things to do. All Ofsted registered Merton childcare providers are offered a free profile on the FSD to advertise their service to parents looking for childcare.
Merton Information for Families Facebook page offers an opportunity for childcare providers to advertise their vacancies every month to parents looking for childcare.
Our peer-to-peer network gives you access to best practice information and discussion, updates, input from peers on their practice and much more. Order your Firm Foundations Network membership now by completing order form and returning it to
Firm Foundations Network Order Form 2019-20
More details, including available training and prices are included in the programme.
Pay-As-You-Go Services Request form
Early Years, Childcare and Children's Centres Service
10th Floor, Civic Centre