We aim to keep roadside grass verges, shrubs and trees in a safe and attractive condition.
This service will be unavailable on Sunday 19 January from 8pm for up to 4 hours. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
- cut grass verges often enough (depending on the weather) to keep them neat and tidy, unless the area is planted with bulbs;
- prune and maintain all shrub beds planted along roads and on roundabouts we are responsible for looking after; and
- prevent cars damaging roadside verges and trees by using defences such as wooden posts.
We aim to:
- complete all emergency safety repairs within 24 hours of being notified of them;
- give at least two weeks notice of all major maintenance works we have planned, and
- answer your formal complaints within 15 working days of receiving them.
It will help us if you:
- don’t park your vehicle on grass verges;
- tell us about any roadside areas where the grass, shrubs or trees are in a poor condition; and
- carry out any requests we put up on signs about cutting work.