If you are a permit holder and are using a courtesy car while your own vehicle is in a garage for repair, you must remove the permit from your own vehicle and clearly display it in the windscreen of your courtesy car, along with a reference number we will give you.

You must telephone us immediately with details of your current permit and the registration details of the courtesy car in which it will be displayed. If you will be using the courtesy car for four weeks or longer, we will need confirmation from the garage of the registration of the courtesy car.

We will then give you a reference number, which you must display with your permit in the courtesy car.

If you do not display the permit and reference in the courtesy car, you may receive a parking ticket (penalty charge notice).


Contact us

Parking Services
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4661(10.00am - 4.00pm Mon-Fri)
Email: parkingpermits@merton.gov.uk