If you want to use your parking permit with a new vehicle that you intend to keep, you will need to get a new permit. There is a different process for
temporary courtesy cars.
If you have an e-permit (bought via RingGo), you need to
cancel your permit then buy a new one for the new vehicle.
If a refund is due on the cancelled permit then it will be applied to the card used for the original payment.
You'll be able to use your new permit straight away.
If you have a paper permit, please do the following.
- Follow this link to tell us about your new vehicle and get a reference number:
Register a change of vehicle
- When parking, display the reference number inside your new vehicle alongside a copy of your paper permit. This reference number is valid for 21 days and can't be extended. Your permit will no longer be valid in your previous vehicle.
- As soon as possible, send us:
- the original existing permit, and
- documentary proof of ownership of your new vehicle
Please send these by post to:
Merton Parking Services
Merton Civic Centre
If you are experiencing any difficulty in obtaining the relevant details please contact us urgently on 020 8545 4661.
We will send you a confirmation email or letter to confirm that the changes have been made and you have been issued with a 'virtual' parking permit. You can stop displaying the reference number and copy of your old permit.
Contact Parking Services