How to dispose of large or bulky household items such as furniture and fridges.
We provide a separate
Christmas tree collection service in January.
Sell it or give it away
If the item is in working order you could donate it to charity, give it away or sell it and make yourself some cash.
Donate it to a charity:
Sell it or give it away:
Reuse and recycling centre
You can take bulky household items, including fridges and freezers, to the
Recycling Centre (tip) at Garth Road. Most of this waste is recycled.
Ask your retailer
If you buy a new item that is delivered to your house, some retailers will take away your old item.
All bulky waste collections are chargeable. This is in line with other London boroughs.
Appointments can be made for collections on Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. It is not possible to be specific about the time of collection.
You must be up-to-date with council tax payments in order to use this service.
We can collect:
- large electrical appliances (e.g. kitchen appliance, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher)
- televisions and computer monitors
- bag of small electrical items (e.g. kettle, toaster, electric toothbrush)
- furniture (e.g. bed, sofa, armchair, wardrobe)
- roll of carpet
- bagged household waste
Loose materials must be bagged or tied and light enough for one person to lift safely.
We can’t collect:
- hazardous waste
- construction and demolition waste
- sheds or fence panels
- £30 for up to 3 items, or £50 for four to six items
- All items must be booked at the same time - extra items can't be added later
- All items must be collected at the same time
- You must pay at the time of booking
- The service is non-refundable
Book a collection
Book a bulky waste collection
How to put your items out for collection
- Sofas, mattresses and other soft furnishings must be covered with plastic to stop them getting wet.
- Put your items outside for collection by
6am on your collection day.
- Leave your items outside and within the boundary of your property, where they can be seen clearly, not on the pavement or road.
- Any heavy items must be fully accessible to our collection crew.
Changing your collection
You can't add extra items to your collection after making a booking.
We do not give refunds for cancelled collections, or for removing items from a collection.
If you would like to change the items booked for collection you must telephone us on 020 8274 4902 at least 2 working days before your collection day.
Report a missed bulky waste collection
Soil, construction and demolition waste
Fixtures and fittings, soil, rubble and other materials arising from DIY construction and demolition works are not eligible for collection under the bulky waste collection service as they are not classified as household waste.