Use our collection service
In line with other London borough councils, we charge to collect bulky waste from homes.
Book a bulky waste collection
- You can arrange for your items to be collected on any weekday excluding public holidays.
- We cannot specify the time of collection, only the day.
- You must be up-to-date with council tax payments to use this service.
Report a missed bulky waste collection
What we can collect
We can collect:
- large electrical appliances (such as an oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher)
- televisions and computer monitors
- bag of small electrical items (such as a kettle, toaster, electric toothbrush)
- furniture (such as a bed, sofa, armchair, wardrobe)
- roll of carpet
- bagged household waste.
Please tie up or bag any loose materials, making sure they are not too heavy for one person to lift safely.
What we can't collect
We can't collect hazardous waste, DIY, construction or demolition waste including:
- soil or turf
- rubble, hardcore or bricks
- paving slabs
- roofing materials
- bath, toilet or basin units
- central heating system components
- doors, windows and frames
- kitchen units and wardrobes
- shed or fence panels
- laminate flooring
- timber, MDF or hardboard
- Up to 3 items: £32
- 4 to 6 items: £52.50
You must pay in full at the time of booking.
Booking and paying for collection
- Please book all your items for pick up at the same time - you can't add extra items to your collection after making a booking.
- We do not give refunds for cancelled collections or for removing items from a collection.
- All items will be collected at the same time.
How to put your items out for collection
- Cover sofas, mattresses and other soft furnishings with plastic to stop them getting wet.
- Leave your items outside but within the boundary of your property, not on the public pavement or road.
- Put your items outside by
6am on your collection day.
- Make sure that our collection crew will be able to see and access the items without difficulty.
If you would like to make any changes to your booking, call us on 020 8274 4902 at least 2 working days before your collection day.
Ask your retailer
If you buy a new item that is delivered to your house, some retailers will take away your old item.
Take it to the reuse and recycling centre
You can take some bulky items to the
Recycling Centre at Garth Road but you must book in advance.
Sell it or give it away
If the item is in working order you may be able to donate it to charity, give it away or sell it.
Local charities where you can donate items include:
To sell or give away your item you can try: