After Christmas, you can take your real Christmas tree to our
recycling centre in Morden, or we can collect it free of charge.
Free collection service January 2019
- Remove all the decorations.
- Put your tree out before 6am on Monday 7 January. If you put your tree out later than this we may not collect it.
- Place the tree at the front edge of your property so that it can be seen and easily reached from the pavement, but not on the pavement; or
- if you live in a flat with communal bins, put it in your communal bin store area.
- Trees will be collected by Thursday 17 January at the latest.
- If your tree was not collected please phone 020 8274 4902 to report it
Reduce waste: buy a tree with roots
If you have a garden, why not buy a Christmas tree with roots next year? You can replant it in a tub or in your garden to reuse each year. This is better for the environment, as the tree will absorb carbon dioxide while growing throughout the year.