Once the festivities are over, you can take your real Christmas tree to the recycling centre in Morden, or we can collect it free of charge.
If you subscribe to our garden waste collection service you can also cut it up and put it in your garden waste bin.
- Remove all the decorations.
- Put your tree out by 6am on Monday 10 January. If you put your tree out later than this, we may not collect it.
- Put your tree as close as possible to the front edge of your property, where it is visible from the pavement, without blocking access or the pavement.
- Trees will be collected by 31 January at the latest.
- After 31 January, if your Christmas tree has not been collected, please telephone 020 8274 4902 to report the missed collection. Make sure your tree remains as close as possible to the front edge of your property, where it is visible from the pavement, without blocking access or the pavement.
- If you see a tree on the pavement, please report it as a fly-tip
Reduce waste: buy a tree with roots
If you have a garden, why not buy a Christmas tree with roots? You can replant it in a tub or in your garden and use it again the following year.
Not only does this cause less waste, the tree also absorbs carbon dioxide while it grows during the year.