The supported living service operates 24 hours, seven days a week. It supports adults with learning disabilities to live independently in their own homes. We support people across the borough and the team is based in various sites across the borough.
The service can enable you to live independently in your own community with support staff and assistive technology from MASCOT on hand if you need assistance. You pay rent and the appropriate rate for the applicable level of support after a financial assessment. Clients are able to claim housing benefit based on their level of income and savings.
Referrals to our services are done via the Learning Disability Complex Needs Team.
We can support you with the following activities
- Assist with your daily living skills i.e. shopping, cleaning, personal care
- Support with budgeting, housing issues and benefits
- Help with travel training to get you to areas you may not be familiar with
- Support accessing the local community – pubs, banks, shopping, eating out and going to Church or other religious activities
- Support with medical needs, attending health appointments and promoting healthy lifestyle
- Support with accessing college and day activities
- Support with accessing work opportunities
- Support with accessing social and leisure activities i.e. snooker, gym. cinema, football, hairdressers, nail bar, swimming, arranging parties
Specialisms and services
- Learning disabilities,
- Caring for adults under 65 years
- Caring for adults over 65 years
CQC Inspection Report
Care Quality Commission - Inspection report
Merton Supported Living Service
Community and Housing
Telephone: 020 8545 3676