We will only collect your rubbish and recycling if you:
- put it out by 6am on your
collection day (unless you have a
- put it in the
- don't over-fill your wheelie bins (lids must be closed)
- put it at the front edge of your property where our crews can see and easily reach it, but not on the road or pavement (as in the image below)
- make sure your bags are not split (if you have a bag collection service).
If you put your rubbish out late it may not be collected, as collection times can change, for example due to roadworks or bad weather.
If you put non-recyclable rubbish next to, or on top of, your wheelie bin it will not be collected.
If you have a
time-banded collection please place your waste on the pavement, immediately against your premises.
Purple and blue bag collections
If you have no space to store your waste outside, we may supply you with purple bags for recycling and blue bags for rubbish.
You can put out no more than two blue bags and two purple bags on your collection day.
We deliver new bags every six months.
Get help putting out your recycling and rubbish
If you are physically unable to put out your recycling and rubbish you may be able to use our assisted collection service.
When you apply for this service, we may ask you for proof that you are eligible.
To request our assisted collection service, please telephone us on
020 8274 4902.
Deterring foxes from opening food bins
Foxes often attempt to open food waste bins. Here are some tips to prevent this from happening.
- Keep bins in a secure area until they are due to be placed out for collection.
- Put the handle in the locking position and wedge the handle against a wall or fence.
- Place a heavy item on top of the food bin.
- Consider using a humane fox repellent (works on scent) or an ultrasound deterrent around the bin.