If you hold a personal licence but either the licence card or purple certificate or both
- cannot be found
- have been lost
- have been stolen
- are irretrievable
- are badly worn or damaged
- or are unusable for some other reason
you will need to make a formal application to the original issuing authority for a replacement set. There is a fee set by law of £10.50.
So, only apply to us at The London Borough of Merton if, when you were first granted the licence, it was granted by The London Borough of Merton.
If you have changed your address as well, please make a change of address application instead and explain on that form about not having the card or certificate.
How to apply
Simply complete the
Replacement Personal Licence application form
and return it to us at the address at the bottom of this page together with any parts of the licence you do still have (if anything) and the £10.50 payment or proof of payment (see payment options below).
There is no need to include any photographs, criminal convictions certificates or training certificates with this application.
- You cannot make this application online at this time.
- You can pay by card by phoning 020 8545 3969 during office hours Mon-Fri but this needs to be done before you send us your application.
- Any cheques (or postal orders) should be made payable to 'The London Borough of Merton'. Put today's date on the cheque, make sure the amount is correct in both words and figures and do not forget to sign it.
- The Council's Cash Office closed on 30 September 2013. The only way to pay licensing fees in cash now is by reporting to Reception at Merton Civic Centre. When it is your turn, you will be asked for the amount (£10.50) and cost code (G00740RB11). Keep one receipt and put the second with your application. [Please note that you cannot pay licensing fees at post offices or PayPoint - this only applies to certain Council payments such as Council Tax. Also, please do not send cash in the post under any circumstances.]
- It is when we receive the application that matters, not when it was sent. You may wish to give extra attention to envelope weight and size and possibly recorded delivery etc.. Alternatively you can hand over the application in person at Merton Civic Centre Reception and ask for it to be put in the 'Licensing Folder'.
London Borough of Merton
1st Floor Annexe
Merton Civic Centre
Telephone: 020 8545 3969