If the adult is in immediate danger, dial 999. If you are worried about confidentiality, you do not have to give your name.


If it is not an emergency, you can report a concern about an adult with care and support needs who is experiencing, or is at risk, of abuse or neglect, to our adult social care department.

There are several ways you can do this:

Referral form

To report a concern about an adult you can fill in a referral form:

Safeguarding adults referral form

Phone or email

You can also call:

  • First Response Team 
    Phone: 020 8545 4388 (9am to 1.30 pm, excluding bank holidays)
  • Crisis Line 
    Phone: 07903 235 382 (1.30pm to 5pm Monday to Friday)
  • Emergency Duty Team (Out of Hours – after 5pm and bank holidays) 
    Phone: 020 8770 5000 or 0345 6189762

Email: safeguarding.adults@merton.gov.uk