We can seize a vehicle if we believe it has been used, or will be used, to commit either:
- a fly-tipping offence
- waste transportation without the appropriate registration.
We will notify the police and the registered keeper of the vehicle in writing.
Vehicles we have seized
- Ford Transit Van - 14 July 2020
- Ford Transit Van - 27 September 2019
- Ford Transit Van - 4 June 2019
- Ford Transit Van - 11 April 2019
- Ford Transit Van - 30 April 2019
Claim back your vehicle
See your notice for details on how to claim back your vehicle. You must be its legal owner.
You will have 10 working days to collect your vehicle if we decide not to investigate further or prosecute.
If we decide to investigate or prosecute
We can keep your vehicle in storage while we investigate an offence.
If our investigation shows that your vehicle was used for a waste crime, we will consider prosecuting you.
We will keep your vehicle during the court process. If the court decides that you have committed a waste crime, your vehicle may be taken away from you permanently.