We issue fixed penalty notices (FPNs) if we see people committing antisocial offences. You may receive a fixed penalty notice on the spot or by post. 

Pay online

Look at the reference number on your FPN and choose an option below:

Reference starts with “EN”

Reference starts with “FPN”, “CFPN” or a number

Other ways to pay

  • If the FPN number starts with "EN" you can also pay by telephone: call 0300 456 0504.
  • If the FPN number starts with "FPN" or "CFPN" you need to pay online using the link above and cannot make payment by telephone. It is also not possible to make a deferred payment or pay in instalments.

Challenge an FPN for littering or dog fouling

If you have received an FPN for littering or dog fouling you can challenge it within 14 days of the issue date on the notice.

In addition to council staff, contracted enforcement officers from Kingdom Security also issue FPNs for littering and dog fouling .

All Kingdom Security enforcement officers wear CCTV body cameras which may capture the offence as it is committed and taking down your details.

Challenge an FPN for littering or dog fouling 

Offences that can lead to a fixed penalty notice

Here are some examples of offences that can lead to a fixed penalty notice:

  • abandoning a vehicle
  • dog fouling and other dog control order offences
  • littering
  • fly-posting
  • graffiti
  • illegal street trading (such as selling or repairing cars on the street as a business)
  • noise nuisance
  • parking nuisance
  • unauthorised distribution of literature on designated land
  • businesses not disposing of waste properly
  • failing to provide waste carrier registration documents or waste transfer notes
  • failing to clear land that is littered
  • placing waste out too early for collection. 

What happens after you receive a fixed penalty notice

  1. On the notice, you will see a deadline by which you should pay your fine.
  2. If you don't pay by the deadline you will be tried in a magistrate's court. Here, you will receive a much higher fine and a criminal conviction.
See fixed penalty notice prosecutions and fines.