From 1 July 2019, if you wish to use our parks to run personal training or group fitness or workout sessions, you must have a permit.
We issue permits to operators to ensure that:
- everyone can access and use our parks
- park visitors can take part in fitness training in a variety of outdoor environments
- fitness and similar operators hold appropriate qualifications and are fully insured.
How to apply
Please complete the application form.
Parks can sometimes be unavailable, for example due to special events, so please check with the park manager during the registration process. We will give you their contact details when you apply.
List of permits issued
This list will be added soon.
If your instructor isn’t on the list and not identifiable, then they are not certified and potentially unsafe to practice as a fitness instructor.
Terms and conditions
Outdoor Fitness Training Permit Terms and Conditions
12 month permit
|Number of sessions per week||Up to 10 clients||11-20 clients||21 -30 clients|
Sessions are up to 90 minutes. Maximum of one session in the morning and one session in the afternoon on any one day.
Two-month trial permits are available at a discount of 50% of the advertised fee.
Qualifications and insurance
You will need to provide evidence of the following when you apply. We may also carry out on-site checks to ensure you remain fully certified.
- Background checks known as the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) – trainers must supply relevant copies of individual checks if working with children and vulnerable adults.
- Qualifications - copies of Personal Training certification at REPs or equivalent.
- Insurance and public liability - copies of individual insurance and public liability for the duration of the period the permit has been issued for to the value of £5 million.
- Risk assessment - evidence that all risks have been considered should be included in a risk assessment to mitigate potential risk.
- Emergency and first aid plan - evidence that a first aid plan is in place in the event that any accidents occur during the session.