A school safety zone permit allows a you to access a school street in a vehicle during school drop-off and pick-up times. These permits are free of charge.
Permits for teachers and parents
Please ask your school to apply to us on your behalf if you are:
- a teacher working at an affected school, or
- a parent of a child with special needs who needs to be driven to the school, or
- a parent who has to drive due to a disability, and your child attends the school
Permits for residents and carers
You can apply for a permit if you are:
- a resident living an affected street, or
- a carer of a resident living an affected street
We ask that, if possible, carers arrange their visits outside the restricted hours.
Apply for a school safety zone resident or carer permit
A permit applies to one specific vehicle. If you need a permit for more than one vehicle then you will need to make a separate application for each one.