school street is a street near a school with restricted access to vehicles at drop-off and pick-up times. The restricted area is also called a
school safety zone. You may be able to apply for a free
school safety zone permit to allow you to use the street during these times.
Affected streets and schools
See the List of School Streets.
Permits for teachers and parents
If you are:
- a teacher working at an affected school, or
- a parent of a child with special needs who needs to be driven to the school, or
- a parent who has to drive due to a disability, and your child attends the school
then please ask the school to apply to us for a permit on your behalf. You don't need to contact us.
Permits for residents and carers
If you are:
- a resident living an affected street, or
- a carer of a resident living an affected street
then you can apply for a free permit to allow you to use the street.
We ask that, if possible, carers arrange their visits outside the restricted hours.
Apply for a school safety zone resident or carer permit
A permit applies to one specific vehicle. If you need a permit for more than one vehicle then you will need to make a separate application for each one.