These permits are available to enable teachers to park in permit holder bays (except Residents only bays) and shared-use bays in the zone where the school is situated.
The head teacher of a school within a controlled parking zone which has either a current approved School Travel Plan or current approved Green Travel Plan, or both may apply for teacher permits; this is in addition to the required criteria as shown below.
- Permits are only valid in the bays shown in the maps below.
- Permits will only be issued after the spare parking capacity has been assessed.
- All permit applications must be made by the Head Teacher rather than individual teachers.
- The number of School permits to be issued would be strictly limited if the uptake of residents' permits is in excess of 75%; spare capacity is less than 25% and in cases where the numbers of permits outweigh the number of available spaces.
- Permits will be issued only to those schools with an up to date School Travel Plan or Green Travel plan.
- The Council reserves the right to remove or reduce the number of permits pending on changes on parking capacity; any fraudulent act or abuse.
Cost and how to apply
The cost of a teacher permit is £188 for the school year (3 terms) or £63 per term.
Teachers with diesel vehicles will also incur a diesel levy cost of £115 for the school year or £38.33 per term on top of permit prices.
Teachers with fully electric vehicles will be subject to a discount of £40 off permit prices.
Please complete the Teacher Parking Permit Application Form and return it to email@example.com or post it to the address below:
Merton Civic Centre
Merton Parking Services
If you use a teacher permit in a bay that is not marked on the relevant map you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN).
Telephone: 020 8545 4661 (10.00am - 4.00pm Mon-Fri)