The Homefinder UK website advertises social housing properties across the UK. Merton Council has joined the scheme to give Merton residents the chance to move into homes more suitable for their household size and for their financial circumstances.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for the scheme if:
- we have placed you in temporary accommodation, or
- we have accepted a responsibility to provide housing for you.
If you are a housing association tenant you should contact your landlord to see if they are part of the scheme.
If you are a private tenant or home-owner, then you are not eligible.
Why use this service?
Homefinder UK may be the answer for you if you:
- are looking to move to be closer to employment opportunities, family members or friends
- need to move to provide or receive care or support
- want to downsize to a smaller property, for example to reduce the impact of the recent welfare reforms.
Help with moving
Merton Council's Housing Needs staff can help you with:
- financial and budgeting advice,
- how to access vital services such as local GPs in your new area, and
- transport information.
We are available to see customers in Merton Link between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. You do not need an appointment to see us but you will need to register at the Merton Link reception desk and wait in a queue until we are able to see you. We will aim to see you within 30 minutes.
Telephone: 020 8545 3305
Out of hours: 020 8770 5000
Housing Needs and Enabling Service