Cabinet Member Approval – 22 August 2018
Following the statutory consultation that was carried out between 21 June and 13 July 2018, to introduce a localised 20mph speed limit in Wimbledon Village, the Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Housing and Transport, has approved its implementation. Please see the following web links to view the Cabinet Member decision sheet and the report detailing the feedback from the statutory consultation.
The 20mph speed limit will apply to Church Road, High Street (between the War memorial and its junctions with Ridgway / Wimbledon Hill Rd / Belvedere Grove); Courthope Rd; Walnut Tree Cotts; Belvedere Square; Old House Close; Lancaster Road (between Church Rd and Lancaster Rd); Haygarth Place and Allington Close
The Traffic management Order will be advertised on 6th September 2018 and implementation will follow shortly after.
The Merton (20 mph speed limit) (no. *) traffic order 201*
Notice is hereby given that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above mentioned Order under sections 84 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and all other enabling powers.
The general effect of the Order would be to:-
Dated: 21 June 2018
Head of futureMerton
London Borough of Merton
- Allington Close;
- Belvedere Grove, from its junction with High Street, Wimbledon north-eastward for distance of 15 metres;
- Belvedere Square;
- Church Road, between the northern kerb-line of St Mary's Road its junction with High Street, Wimbledon;
- Courthope Road;
- Haygarth Place;
- High Street, Wimbledon; the east to west arm, from the common boundary of Nos. 2 and 3 High Street, Wimbledon to its junction with Parkside;
- High Street, Wimbledon, the south-west to north-east arm;
- Lancaster Road, the north-west to south-east arm;
- Old House Close;
- Parkside, between its junction with High Street, Wimbledon and the common boundary of Nos. 3 and 4 The Green;
- Wimbledon Hill Road, between the common boundary of Nos. 116 and 118 Wimbledon Hill Road and its junction with High Street, Wimbledon