Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Environment and Housing in consultation with Ward Councillors has agreed to the following road safety measures:
1. To reinforce the existing 20mph zone with associated speed limit signs. This will emphasise and raise driver awareness to improve compliance specifically on approach to the school entrance where children and parents congregate.
2. The implementation of a speed table near the school entrance. This will compel motorist to drive at lower speeds especially on approach to the school where large numbers of children are present during school drop-off/pick-up times.
3. The introduction of some road markings such as 'slow', '20mph' and school child legends.
4. To provide a planter on the footway will further compliment the surrounding features to enhance the street scene and soften the urban setting.
5. The grass footway extension opposite the school entrance. This will physically tighten the junction to assist in 'safer' vehicle turning movements at reduced speeds.
The statutory consultation to introduce the following changes starts on 5th January 2017 and ends on 27 January 2017.
- The introduction of the speed table
All representations must be made in writing to email@example.com
Please refer to the newsletter, plan and notices using the links below.