Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Social care ❮ Adult social care ❮ 

Services for adults with mental health needs

The first point of contact should be your local GP, who will be able to offer advice and treatment. Your GP will assess you and will refer you to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) if you require further treatment or longer term support.

If you have no GP, you can contact the CMHT directly for an appointment.

Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)

Your local CMHT can provide information, and advice, or arrange services to help people to live in their own homes and to remain part of the community. There are rules and eligibility criteria governing who gets help from the CMHTs.


See also

Related websites

Contact us

Merton Adult Access Team
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4430