The first point of contact should be your local GP, who will be able to offer advice and treatment. Your GP will assess you and will refer you to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) if you require further treatment or longer term support.
If you have no GP, you can contact the CMHT directly for an appointment.
Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)
Your local CMHT can provide information, and advice, or arrange services to help people to live in their own homes and to remain part of the community. There are rules and eligibility criteria governing who gets help from the CMHTs.
We have a number of public information leaflets:
Other public information leaflets which we stock include:
- Services for people with mental health problems
- Services for older people
- A Guide to Social Services for adults
- Hospital social work service
- Financial Assessments – Information Pack
- Occupational Therapy – Information for disabled people and their carers
Should you require any of the Adult Social Care public information leaflets please contact:
Merton Adult Access Team
Merton Civic Centre
Telephone: 020 8545 4430