The purpose of this Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is to provide design guidance for residential-led projects that provide new homes on sites that are 0.25ha or less in area. The toolkit contains three tools to help raise the quality of new homes in the borough; Design Guidance, Case Studies and a Design and Access Statement template. It is primarily for; developers and their design teams, who prepare applications for planning permission; planning officers, who assess planning applications; councillors, who make planning decisions; and local residents, businesses and their representatives.
The SPD provides more detail to relevant policies in our Local Plan and does not introduce new policies.
Small Sites Toolkit SPD
- 01 Small Sites Toolkit Design Guidance
- 02 Small Sites Toolkit Case Studies
- 03 Small Sites Toolkit DAS Template
Notice of adoption of Small Sites Toolkit SPD
The Small Sites Toolkit SPD was adopted by the Council on 22 June 2021
- Small Sites Toolkit (high resolution - 40MB)
- Small Sites Toolkit (low resolution - 18MB)
- Small Sites Toolkit: Design and Access Statement Template
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Statement
Thank you to everyone who responded to the consultation on the draft Small Sites Toolkit, which took place between 9 February and 23 March 2021.