Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) give further guidance on planning policies in the
Local Plan. They can be:
- Character Appraisals of a particular area
- Topic-Based Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPGs) notes; or
- Planning Briefs for a specific site
For character appraisals of Merton's conservation areas see the
Conservation list in the section
Urban design and conservation.
The Canons Conservation Management Plan has been produced to inform the successful National Lottery Heritage Fund bid that will see the restoration and enhancement of The Canons House and Grounds. This work is due to commence in late Spring 2020. The Plan was adopted by the council as a Supplementary Planning Document on 18 September 2017.
Topic-Based Supplementary Planning Documents
For details on the planning policies which accompany these guidance notes see 'Sites and Policies Plan: Part I Detailed Planning Policies' in
* Supplementary and updated information to that described in the planning obligations SPD can be found on the
Section 106 and planning obligations webpage.
Where sites are included in the:
- Sites and Policies Plan, we've stated the site proposal number
- Core Planning Strategy, we've stated the policy number
You can view both of these documents in
- Rainbow Industrial Estate, Raynes Park – Aug 2013 (Policy 12)
- Sibthorpe Road Car Park, Mitcham Town Centre – June 2014 (Site proposal 69) – not adopted
Mitcham Planning Brief Archive:
- 111-127 The Broadway, Wimbledon SW19 – April 2014 (Site proposal 28) – not adopted
Wimbledon Planning Brief Archives: