On this page
Located next to the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon Park is one of the largest in Merton, and has many facilities including a large lake, athletics track, play areas, tennis courts, paddling pool and adventure golf.
- Athletics track
- Beach volleyball courts
- Bowling green
- Capital Ring walking route
- Car park
- Changing rooms
- Adventure golf
- Football pitches (see below)
- Lakes, ponds and water features
- Ornamental gardens
- Paddling pool
- Play areas
- Tennis courts
- Toilets (including external DC Radar accessible disabled toilets)
- Unmarked pitch hire
- Watersports and Outdoor Centre
Visiting the park
There are entrances for vehicles and pedestrians on Revelstoke Road in the east and Wimbledon Park Road in the northwest. There is also a pedestrian entrance on Home Park Road.
Monday to Friday 8am - dusk
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 9am - dusk
- London Underground: Wimbledon Park Station (for Home Park Road), Southfields Station (for Wimbledon Park Road)
- Train: Wimbledon Station
- Tram: Wimbledon Station
- Buses: 39, 156
There are two football pitches available to hire.
Pitch opening hours
- Monday – Friday; 0800 to dusk
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 0900 to dusk
Using the lake
- Wimbledon Park Watersports and Outdoor Centre runs a wide range of activities on the lake.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake. There are several alternatives including open air swimming pools, lidos and natural spots - see Open Water Swimming Venues - Swim England website
- Using boats, kayaks, paddle boards and other craft (including remote controlled boats) on the lake is not allowed, unless you are taking part in an activity run by Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre using their equipment. Hampton Court Model Yacht Club is a local venue that does accommodate remote controlled boats.
- Fishing: Wimbledon Park Angling Club operates from the 'green' banks of the lake in Wimbledon Park
- If you wish to feed the birds, please follow signs to designated bird feeding area. Visit the RSPB website for advice on what to feed them
Friends of Wimbledon Park
The Friends of Wimbledon Park is a voluntary organisation that aims to give a voice to local people, community groups and other interested parties, to protect and enhance this well-loved landscape for future generations.
Tel: 020 3876 8806
For Watersports enquiries please contact email@example.com