On this page
Located next to the All England Lawn Tennis Club, Wimbledon Park is one of the largest in Merton, and has many facilities including a large lake, athletics track, play areas, tennis courts, paddling pool and adventure golf.
- Athletics track
- Beach volleyball courts
- Bowling green
- Capital Ring walking route
- Car park
- Changing rooms
- Adventure golf
- Football pitches (see below)
- Lakes, ponds and water features
- Ornamental gardens
- Paddling pool
- Play areas
- Tennis courts
- Toilets (including external DC Radar accessible disabled toilets)
- Unmarked pitch hire
- Watersports and Outdoor Centre
Visiting the park
There are entrances for vehicles and pedestrians on Revelstoke Road in the east and Wimbledon Park Road in the northwest. There is also a pedestrian entrance on Home Park Road.
Monday to Friday 8am - dusk
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 9am - dusk
- London Underground: Wimbledon Park Station (for Home Park Road), Southfields Station (for Wimbledon Park Road)
- Train: Wimbledon Station
- Tram: Wimbledon Station
- Buses: 39, 156
Tennis courts at Wimbledon Park
Book online on the ClubSpark website (recommended during summer months) or just turn up, pay and play.
Open Monday to Friday 8am-9pm (8am-5pm in winter); Saturday and Sunday 8am-8pm (8am-5pm in winter).
To cancel a booking, you will need to do so via ClubSpark at least 24 hours before the start time of your booking in order to obtain a refund. It is advisable to check the weather forecast if you are unsure and make your decision based on this. If you think the weather could impact your booking, we advise you not to book in advance and book on the day you wish to play.
Tennis court charges
|Users||Price per hour|
|Adults - Evening and weekends||£12|
|Adults - Monday to Friday up to 5pm||£9.20|
|Concessions* - Monday to Friday up to 5pm||£8.20|
|Commercial rate (adult)||£16|
|Commercial rate (concession)||£14|
* Concession price applies to Merton residents or those working or attending full-time education in Merton who are over 60, registered disabled, in full time education, on income support or unemployed. Concessions for the unemployed or persons over 60 years are only available Monday to Friday before 4pm.
Tennis courts in Merton: find out more.
There are two football pitches available to hire.
Pitch opening hours
- Monday – Friday; 0800 to dusk
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 0900 to dusk
Using the lake
- Wimbledon Park Watersports and Outdoor Centre runs a wide range of activities on the lake.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake. There are several alternatives including open air swimming pools, lidos and natural spots - see Open Water Swimming Venues - Swim England website
- Using boats, kayaks, paddle boards and other craft (including remote controlled boats) on the lake is not allowed, unless you are taking part in an activity run by Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre using their equipment. Hampton Court Model Yacht Club is a local venue that does accommodate remote controlled boats.
- Fishing: Wimbledon Park Angling Club operates from the 'green' banks of the lake in Wimbledon Park
- If you wish to feed the birds, please follow signs to designated bird feeding area. Visit the RSPB website for advice on what to feed them
Friends of Wimbledon Park
The Friends of Wimbledon Park is a voluntary organisation that aims to give a voice to local people, community groups and other interested parties, to protect and enhance this well-loved landscape for future generations.
Cheam Depot (visits are by appointment only)
Tel: 020 3876 8806
For Watersports enquiries please contact email@example.com