Merton is a small, south-west London borough encompassing Morden, Wimbledon, Mitcham, Colliers Wood and Raynes Park.
We may be small, but we are ambitious and make a big impact and are working towards our ambition to be London's best council.
Across our workforce we share a set of values:
- We keep our children, families and vulnerable adults at the heart of all our work
- We listen, respond and value our service users, their families and communities
- We challenge inequality, promote inclusion and value diversity
- We promote a learning culture which values staff and volunteers
- We work in partnership
- We are committed to continuous improvement
Merton is one of the best connected areas of south London with excellent transport links to the rest of London, Surrey and beyond. The borough is home to fourteen national rail stations. Our Civic Centre is a two minute walk from Morden Underground station, where the Northern line begins its journey north. We have a further four underground stations within the borough giving access to the District line and the Tramlink service joining Wimbledon, Morden and Croydon.
The road network offers fast access to the M23, M25 and A3. Morden and Wimbledon stations offer excellent bus service connections to surrounding areas.