This section contains information of claiming Housing Benefit. See our Council Tax Support scheme pages for details this scheme.
In this section
- Who can claim and how much
- New claims - how to claim HB and CTS; on line claim form for HB
- Backdating claims - how to claim backdated HB and CTS if you should have claimed earlier;
- Income - how it affects your benefits
- Savings and capital - how they affect your benefits
- Deductions for other adults - how other people who live with you affect your claim for HB or CTS
- Proof needed to support claims - what you need to give us to complete your claim.
- How we pay benefits - details of how we pay benefits and who we can pay them to.
- Overpayments - what happens if you are paid too much HB or CTS
For more details about our opening hours and how to contact us, go to Merton Benefits Service contact page.
- HB and CTB for pensioners
- Benefit forms
- Reporting changes
- Benefit fraud
- Discretionary housing payment
- Council Tax Benefit