On this page
Help and support is available if you've been affected by coronavirus.
Support if you're self-isolating
Merton Community Hub can provide support and deliveries of essentials such as prescriptions.
Other financial support
- Council Tax Support – You may be eligible if your income has been affected by COVID-19.
- Free school holiday food vouchers for children who get benefits-related free school meals
- Local Welfare Support Scheme – We have a limited fund to support the most vulnerable Merton residents with short term severe financial difficulties.
- Turn2Us – A national charity helping people when times get tough.
Other help and support
- Merton Community Hub - help for isolated households and those at risk from COVID-19
- Age UK Merton – support for older people
- Wimbledon Guild – Talking therapies, grief support and well being support
- Commonside Trust – Support and assistance to vulnerable individuals and families in Pollards Hill.
- Wimbledon Foodbank – Part of a nationwide network of food banks, supported by The Trussell Trust.
- Merton’s Community Fridge – Surplus fresh food is donated and redistributed to the community
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Organisation – Network of volunteers providing support to the vulnerable and those self-isolating. Linked to Baitul Futuh Mosque in Morden.
- South West London Law Centres – Help for local people with legal advice and casework including problems they are facing as a result of coronavirus.
- Merton Dementia Hub – Providing support for people with dementia as well as their families and carers.
- Association for Polish Family – Providing advice, information and guidance including on Covid19 related issues. The service is available in Polish/English from 9am – 2pm Monday-Friday.
- Merton Community Transport – Offering food collection and transport for groups, organisations or individuals.
- Merton Uplift (NHS) – Free service for anyone experiencing stress, anxiety or depression. Offers psychological therapies, wellbeing and specialist employment services.
- Good Thinking is London's digital mental wellbeing service and offers support for common mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, poor sleep or low mood.
- Bereavement support
Employment and training
- If you’ve been made redundant you can find out about support here:
Citizens Advice benefits calculator
New Style Job Seeker’s Allowance
- If you need help to find a job
Visit our Get Help Finding a Job page
- Training and skills
Many free online courses are available to help you upskill and potentially change career.
Training and skills providers
- National Careers Service provide free support to any workers on Furlough, one-to-one redundancy support, career planning, and advice and guidance for all staff at risk of redundancy as well as matching employees to new job and learning opportunities.
- Everything COVID
Learn about the vaccine, get answers to your questions and when ready, organise your jab locally.
- Vaccination webinar for parents with children aged 12 to 15 (YouTube)
- Supporting students going back to school leaflets
- National Youth Agency
Resources to help you keep calm, stay connected and be safe.
- Merton Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAHMS) offers a crisis duty line on 0800 292 2505 / 020 8254 8061 from 9am to 5pm Monday – Friday.
- SLP CAMHS Crisis Line information support line is available out of hours on 020 3228 5980 for young people who need urgent support.
- Off the Record provides online and telephone counselling services.
- SWLSTG Mental Health Support Line
0800 028 8000
Emotional support and advice for people who are affected by urgent mental health issues, at any time of the day or night
Children with special educational needs or disabilities
People with disabilities
- Disability Grants News – Self-Isolation Resources – Regular newsletters and resources to support disabled people at home. The newsletter contains details about grants, support and resources available.
- Merton Mencap – Provides support and service for children, young people and adults with a learning disability.
- Merton Centre for Independent Living – Support for disabled people in Merton
- MertonVision – Support for residents with impaired vision.