The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every aspect of our lives, but one thing that never changes is the remarkable way the Merton community pull together when people are in need. From delivering food parcels to neighbours, to supporting older and vulnerable people, to donating to local charities, Merton residents are showing why our borough is such a great place to live.
Meet the people who worked to keep Merton together this Christmas:
Merton Together this winter
This winter we are continuing our Merton Together campaign and are asking you to join us...
- Support the borough's wonderful charities and voluntary organisations who are helping those hit hardest by coronavirus in our community.
- Shine a light on the inspiring examples of kindness, generosity and positive outcomes being shown in-amongst the coronavirus pandemic. Use #MertonTogether on social media to share your stores.
I will volunteer...
time to help people who are isolated and vulnerable.
I will donate...
I will support...
- my local businesses so that they can survive through this difficult time.
- the 'Keep Kids Connected' project, which provides laptops to children who need access to online learning.
Dons Local Action Group
- my elderly neighbours to ensure no one is forgotten this winter.
Merton Age UK
- people in need by fundraising for local charities
- my local polish community by sharing information from the
Polish Family Association
I will care...
I will share...