The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every aspect of our lives, but throughout 2020 Merton has seen some incredible examples of community action, bringing our borough together to ensure we support those who need us the most.
Meet the people who worked to keep Merton together this summer:
Merton Together this winter
This winter, we are joining forces with all our partners in the borough, from voluntary organisations and charities to foodbanks and sports clubs, to help promote ways we can all give a little extra to help those in need during a difficult Christmas and winter period.
Councillor Mark Allison, Leader of Merton Council explains why we are asking for your support.
How you can you be part of it
There are so many ways you can support the borough, from shopping locally to volunteering your time, donating money and food supplies to some of our local voluntary groups, or just showing your support online for #MertonTogether. Please take part if you can, and help us bring Merton Together for Christmas.
I will volunteer...
time to help people who are isolated and vulnerable.
I will donate...
I will support...
- my local businesses so that they can survive through this difficult time.
- the 'Keep Kids Connected' project, which provides laptops to children who need access to online learning.
Dons Local Action Group
- my elderly neighbours to ensure no one is forgotten this winter.
Merton Age UK
- people in need by fundraising for local charities
- my local polish community by sharing information from the
Polish Family Association
I will care...
I will share...