Local employment, apprenticeship and training opportunities for young people who live in Merton.
How to apply
If you're interested in any of the opportunities below, please complete one of these referral forms:
Refer yourself if you're a young person
Refer a young person
If you have any questions about any one of the opportunities please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the section at the foot of this page on availability for details of priority and eligibility criteria.
Towards Employment's top picks
Find the latest opportunities here. If you need support with applying, interview preparation just let us know.
Do you have an interest in Motor Vehicles?
We have an amazing opportunity for you to have a work trial with a Motor vehicle repair garage in Croydon, no previous experience necessary all we ask is that you have a passion for Motor Vehicles and would like to study for a Level 2 qualification or Apprenticeship.
Project Assistant within the advertising industry
- Proactive, motivated and organised
- A passion for delivering positive environmental change
- A friendly and compassionate manner
- Excellent and effective communication/customer service skills
- Good administrative and IT skills i.e. Excel Powerpoint
• Highly motivated and organised
Deadline is Wednesday 28th July 2021.
CSCS construction course
If you are aged 16+ and interested in construction you can apply to:
- take a 3 day course and gain your Construction Skills Certification Scheme card that will allow you to work in the construction industry
- get vouchers of your choice for fully engaging and attending the course
For more details and course dates please directly contact:
Charlotte Allen email@example.com
Runway Training firstname.lastname@example.org
NVQ Level 1 Rail Traineeship
Enrol on an 8 week Rail NVQ level 1 with functional skills and digital skills imbedded throughout. The final two weeks will involve work experience and interviews for employment.
- Must be in receipt of benefits
- Must be aged 19 - 24
- Must be unemployed
- Must be able to pass a Network Rail Medical and Drug & Alcohol test
Apprentice bus driver
If you are aged over 18 and have had your driving licence for 1 year or more, you could get a minimum salary of £20,000 a year.
Industry experience with Flex FM 101.4 (coming soon)
If you are aged 16-25 you can apply to take this course which will allow you to learn and develop industry skills, such as:
- music, visual and audio production
- DJ skills and workshops
- social media
They test candidates' behavioural decision-making and thought processes when introduced to hypothetical work-related scenarios. This can help you prepare for applying for roles and going to interviews.
Use these independent benefits calculators to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Contact Towards Employment
To contact us about any of these opportunities, please complete a referral form, send us an email or leave a WhatsApp, text or voicemail message. Don’t worry if we don’t pick up the phone straight away, we will get back to you.
Telephone: 07775012775 / 07799132561
We are happy to help anyone, but priority is given to any young Merton resident who:
- has been in care
- is or was known to the youth offending service
- left school without gaining a level 2 qualification in English and maths (less than a grade C at GCSE)
- is a teenage parent
- is homeless or lives in a hostel
do not need to tell us if you fit into any of the above groups if you do not want to, but we will be unable to prioritise you for opportunities if we do not have this information. You
should not include this information in you CV or any application but can include it in your email sent to