On this page
Applications we will prioritise
We are happy to help anyone, but priority is given to any Merton resident who:
- has been in care
- is or was known to the youth offending service
- left school without gaining a level 2 qualification in English and maths (less than a grade C at GCSE)
- is a teenage parent
- is homeless or lives in a hostel
You do not need to tell us if you fit into any of the above groups if you do not want to, but we will be unable to prioritise you for opportunities if we do not have this information. You should not include this information in you CV or any application but can include it in your email sent to email@example.com.
How to apply
If you're interested in any of the opportunities below, please complete one of these referral forms:
If you have any questions about any one of the opportunities please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with our opportunities @towardsemployment1
Our top picks
We work with various employers to get you unique opportunities. Here are some of the jobs available with our locally based employer partners. Please note that these employers are separate to Merton Council. Therefore, the salary offered will be in line with minimum wage but may be less than London Living Wage. If you are interested in any of the opportunities, need support with applying or interview preparation, just let us know.
Social media and marketing intern
Work as an intern for a local sustainable fashion start up that focuses on upcycling clothing.
- flexible part time work with the opportunity to work remotely
- candidate will need to know how to create social media content for a Fashion brand, has some previous design experience or can show that they are creative in their posts.
- Enjoyment in research, writing and production of digital content.
- A confident user of computer and mobile operating systems.
- Experience of using social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok). Experience can be for work or personal accounts.
- A passion for sustainable fashion is a desirable
- £11.95 p/h
- General Station and mobile bus stand cleaning - Litter Picking, Cleaning of Washroom, platforms, offices, ticket lobbies, Waste Removal etc.
- Will be required to take a short training course and then can start work immediately once completed
- Varied shift pattern - working 5 days over a 7 day rota system
Experienced sample machinist needed for a local sustainable fashion start up that focuses on upcycling clothing. Play a crucial role in creating their Upcycled sweatshirts collection.
- 1 day a week – Thursday (7-8 hrs)
- Mitcham based (Canon’s house)
- £12-£15 p/h
- 3-5 years’ experience required
At Home Support Worker
Become an ‘At Home Support Worker’ and provide domestic support to help older people stay connected, safe and independent for one of the UK’s leading Charities.
- Paying London living wage - £11.95 p/h (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Ability to travel to different locations across Merton
- Part time/casual hours – commitment of 10 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Great attention to detail and awareness of different disabilities is desirable e.g. dementia
- Will be DBS checked
- You will undergo induction and receive training throughout the role
- Ability to communicate well and build good rapport/meaningful relationships
- General knowledge and understanding/previous experience of basic housework and cleaning
SEN Teaching and Learning Assistants needed across Merton schools
These roles are based in mainstream and specialist schools across Merton and you will be supporting children in all aspects of Learning, Development and Care. It is desirable if candidates have previous experience working with young people with SEN needs but this is not necessary. However, candidates must be open to working with children with SEN needs.
- Full time basis, term time only (8.30am - 4pm, Monday to Friday)
- Schools are based in Mitcham/Morden/Wimbledon
- Previous Personal/work experience required with supporting children,
- All candidates to complete application form (Online - 20 minutes to complete), able to provide 2 years worth of references and will undergo an enhanced DBS.
- Pay from £70-£95 per day depending on the school.
They test candidates' behavioural decision-making and thought processes when introduced to hypothetical work-related scenarios. This can help you prepare for applying for roles and going to interviews.
Use these independent benefits calculators to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Contact the Towards Employment team
To contact us about any of these opportunities, please complete a referral form, send us an email or leave a WhatsApp, text or voicemail message. Don’t worry if we don’t pick up the phone straight away, we will get back to you.
Telephone: 07799132561 / 07909893004 / 07775012775 / 07814799323
X (Formerly Twitter) @MERTONTE1