On this page
Local employment, apprenticeship and training opportunities for Merton residents aged 16-40 years and Sutton & Croydon residents in receipt of benefits, aged 16-40 years.
How to apply
If you're interested in any of the opportunities below, please complete one of these referral forms:
If you have any questions about any one of the opportunities please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the section at the foot of this page on availability for details of priority and eligibility criteria.
Towards Employment's top picks
Find the latest opportunities here. If you need support with applying, interview preparation just let us know.
A launderette company based in Wimbledon are looking for production operatives to work fulltime positions in their warehouse -
£8.91 p/h for 35-40 hours a week
Shifts: 6AM - 2:30PM or 2:30PM to 11PM
- Processing linen e.g. towels, tablecloths and bedding
- Sorting deliveries
- Operating machinery
- Packing outbound deliveries
Merton Council Kickstart Roles
Are you aged 16-24, on Universal Credit and want to work for the local Authority?
Merton Council have a range of Kickstart roles available across different departments here.
Our team can support you with any application and interview preparation and you will get vouchers in return. Please contact your job coach to refer you and then you can get in touch with us!
White Light Kickstart roles
Are you aged 16-24, on Universal Credit and want to work for a production solution specialist operating in a range of markets such as theatre, concert touring and broadcasting?
White Light have a range of kickstart roles available:
- Bench Cables Rigging Assistants
- Operation Support Assistants
- Business Support Assistant
- Customer Service Assistants
View their kickstart opportunities here
Please contact your job coach to refer you and then you can get in touch with us!
We can support with applications and guarantee interviews for interested candidates.
Various Driving positions available with logistics company in Croydon
Are you age 18+ with a full UK driving license (minimum 2 years) with no more than 6 points on your license?
Then this opportunity could be for you!
- Work as an independent contractor (self-employed)
- No hidden costs – uniform paid for, petrol fully paid for, new fresh vans that are fully insured by the company already
- Part time and fulltime positions available with competitive rates of pay starting from £120 a day
- No previous delivery experience needed as full training will be provided.
- Must be able to pass a Drug & Alcohol test (paid for by the company)
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Able to lift packages up to 25kgs (plus, get in and out of a van on numerous occasions throughout the day)
They're offering a flexible schedule where you can choose the days you want to work but it will be 10 hour shifts per day.
3x Chef Managers needed for primary schools within Merton
Do you have experience as a cook and keen to take on the role as a chef manager?
You must be able to provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met within the agreed objectives for the location.
- 30 hours per week (Monday - Friday/ Term time only)
- £10.50 p/h
- Must have previous chef experience
Please email email@example.com for the job description.
CSCS construction course
If you are aged 16+ and interested in construction you can apply to:
- take a 2 day course and gain your Construction Skills Certification Scheme card that will allow you to work in the construction industry
- get vouchers of your choice for fully engaging and attending the course
For more details and course dates please directly contact:
Charlotte Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
Runway Training email@example.com
NVQ Level 1 Rail Traineeship (coming soon)
Enrol on an 8 week Rail NVQ level 1 with functional skills and digital skills imbedded throughout. The final two weeks will involve work experience and interviews for employment.
- Must be in receipt of benefits
- Must be aged 19 - 24
- Must be unemployed
- Must be able to pass a Network Rail Medical and Drug & Alcohol test
Apprentice bus driver
If you are aged over 18 and have had your driving licence for 1 year or more, you could get a minimum salary of £20,000 a year.
Industry experience with Flex FM 101.4 (coming soon)
If you are aged 16-25 you can apply to take this course which will allow you to learn and develop industry skills, such as:
- music, visual and audio production
- DJ skills and workshops
- social media
They test candidates' behavioural decision-making and thought processes when introduced to hypothetical work-related scenarios. This can help you prepare for applying for roles and going to interviews.
Use these independent benefits calculators to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
Contact Towards Employment
To contact us about any of these opportunities, please complete a referral form, send us an email or leave a WhatsApp, text or voicemail message. Don’t worry if we don’t pick up the phone straight away, we will get back to you.
Telephone: 07775012775 / 07799132579 / 07814799323
We are happy to help anyone, but priority is given to any young Merton resident who:
- has been in care
- is or was known to the youth offending service
- left school without gaining a level 2 qualification in English and maths (less than a grade C at GCSE)
- is a teenage parent
- is homeless or lives in a hostel
You do not need to tell us if you fit into any of the above groups if you do not want to, but we will be unable to prioritise you for opportunities if we do not have this information. You should not include this information in you CV or any application but can include it in your email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.