On this page

If you have concerns about your child

If you have any concerns about your child, please speak to your health visitor, a children’s centre worker, your child’s school, GP, or other professional who works with you and your child.

Family Information and Support Hubs (FISH)

You can also book a session over the phone or in person at one of our Family Information and Support Hubs. Here you can get help and support from a specialist advisor about your child’s development, behaviour, relationships, childcare money, work or benefits, and more. With support and guidance, you will be helped to access relevant information and services to help you.

Family Services Directory

Visit the Family Services Directory for details of a range of family support and parenting services for families provided by Merton Council and other organisations

Reducing parental conflict

Find out how to get help if conflict starts to become a problem in your relationship.

Reducing parental conflict

Family Hubs

Family Hubs are current being developed in Merton. They will provide a single point for families to access a range of services.

Family Hubs

Start for Life: help for new and expectant parents and carers

Find local services and information to help you and your child from when you’re expecting to the age of two.

Start for Life

Child development, parenting programmes and support

Children aged under 5

The early years of life are vital for children’s learning and development. To help parents give their children the best start in life, our schedule of programmes range from supporting all first time parents to learn about baby development, through to focussed support to help with language and communication, learning, and behaviour.

Children of school age

Our programmes provide support for families who have concerns around their child’s development, behaviour or emotional wellbeing, or who are looking to stop problems from developing. Merton schools and other organisations also run programmes that can support children and families, so do speak to your child’s school.

Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)

We provide support to help with education, parenting and family relationships, both in group programmes and one to one, for families with children with complex needs, SEND and developmental delay.

You can find lots of information about services and support for children and young people with SEND on the Merton SEND Local Offer website

Whole family support 

When families are experiencing challenges that are significantly affecting their child’s wellbeing and family life, we can provide support for all the family. A member of our team will work with all family members to identify and work towards achieving goals to help things to get better. A professional or practitioner working with you and your child can refer your family for whole family support, so do speak to them about whether this support would be helpful for your family.

Referral information for professionals and practitioners

Please complete this form for parenting programmes that require referral

For whole family support, professionals and practitioners should complete a Children and Families Hub whole family support request

View all current programmes and sessions that can be booked via the Eventbrite booking system


If you are worried that a child or young person may be at risk of neglect or abuse please contact the Duty Social Worker using the contact details below. In an emergency, contact the police by calling 999.

020 8545 4226



Early Years, Family Wellbeing and Early Help Service
Merton Civic Centre