Below is a list of funding sources that are relevant for community improvement projects involving parks, open spaces and nature conservation.
- A list of live funds, vast and varied available for groups working in partnership - ProActive South London
- Awards for all website
- Heritage Lottery Fund website
- Local Heritage Initiative website
- The National Lottery Community Fund website
- Arts Council website
Landfill and aggregate taxes
Local, central government and EU
- Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs(DEFRA) website - various funding opportunities relating to the countryside, environment, farm and woodland areas can be found with DEFRA.
- Forestry Commission - Woodland Grant Scheme (Forestry Commission website) - This scheme gives grants to create new woodlands and manage existing woodlands.
Charitable trusts, foundations and companies
- Ethnic Minorities Award Scheme for Environmental Projects (Black Environment Network website) - This small scheme is aimed at schools, community groups and individuals undertaking projects related to the environment and involve people from ethnic communities.
- Europa Nostra website
- Garfield Weston Foundation website
- Public Parks Initiative (Heritage Lottery Fund website) - helping not for profit organisations with the restoration and regeneration of historical areas including urban squares and cemeteries.
- Lloyds Foundation website
- Nationwide Foundation website - the aim of this foundation is to improve the range of opportunities for those in need and promote social inclusion.
- The London Marathon Charitable Trust - this organisation generates funds to encourage sport and recreation amongst people of all ages and sporting abilities in London. Contact details are; The London Marathon Charitable Trust Limited, 2 The Square, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DY, Tel; 020 8940 0102.
- Forestry Commission website - Trees and Woodland Grants
- Groundwork East London - an environmental charity that supports communities in need.
- Funding information.org is an online fundraising information resource for charities, voluntary organisations, community groups and other not for profit organisations throughout the UK. Profunding website.
- Directory of Social Change (DSC) provides advice to voluntary and community organisations on a range of issues DSC website.