Our online payment service is normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you are having problems making a payment online please read this page before contacting us.
Make sure your browser is up to date
If your web browser if out of date some websites might not work properly, including our online payment service.
Report a problem
You will need to tell us the following when reporting a problem:
- the type of card you were using (Visa credit or debit card, MasterCard credit or debit card, Maestro, Delta, Electron, Solo);
- date and time you tried to make a payment;
- what you were trying to pay (business rates, council tax, housing rent, invoices, mortgages, penalty charge notices for parking or bus lanes, service charge, fixed penalties, bailiff notices);
- reference number of the item you are paying;
- any error messages displayed
- the browser you are using, including version number; and
- your telephone number so that we can contact you.
If you have also had a problem with making the same payment using our telephone payment system, please tell us the date and time of this problem too.
We can only respond during office hours (9.00am - 5.00pm).
Other ways to pay
Call 0300 456 0504 to pay by credit or debit card using our automated telephone payment service.
During office hours you can pay via an operator on 020 8274 4902.