Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we have had to update our terms and conditions.
Please read the latest version carefully before proceeding with any bookings Terms and conditions
We are releasing the holiday courses in small numbers during the week before that course is due to run, so we can stay on top of the government guidance.
Our popular sailing courses have had a makeover for 2021, this year there is a choice of 2 courses for those who are 10 years or older.
A beginners course for those with little or no experience, perhaps feeling in need of a confidence boaster and wishing to sail with somebody else in the boat (The improvers course is for those who have already gained the basics and are pretty confident not just sailing on their own but also happy to rig, launch, reef, capsize and recover unassisted and bit their boat away without assistance).
The boats that will be available will include the Oppies, Pico's and possibly the range of double handers. Under current social distancing regulations we are unable to keep the required distance so all participants need to be prepared to sail on the water wearing a mask if they are sailing with another person who are not in a bubble with.
Our fun-focussed courses always aim to ensure children enjoy the sport, and go away loving sailing with us at Wimbledon Park.
Check availability and book
- Morning course 10.00am-12.30pm
- During Whitsun half term
- 10 weeks of summer
- 2 weeks of October half term holidays
- 5 day week £170 and 4 day week £136
- Must be 10 years of age
- Beginners only
- Need to be prepared to sail on the water wearing a mask if they are sailing with another person who are not in a bubble with
What to bring and other important information
- Wear a set of clothes suitable for the weather conditions (no jeans), include a waterproof jacket and hat
- Old trainers needed for the water (something secure, not crocs, flip flops or wellington boots)
- Sun protection
- If you have a wetsuit bring it, if not, not to worry
- If you have a log book please bring it with you at the start of the week (we do sell them at the Centre £7.50 not on the first or last days of the course)
- All participants need to arrive ready changed in suitable clothes for the weather conditions, having already visited the toilet and washed their hands. The toilets in the Watersports Centre building will only be available for participants at the end of their sessions.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled session time, registration will take place outside of the centre.
- Only the participant (and guardian(s) for those under 18) can enter the Watersports Centre operational area, all spectators are welcome to watch from the public benches.
- There are currently no changing or shower facilities available, access to the Watersports Centre building is only in the case of emergencies. The centre reserves the right to alter the activity based on weather or safety concerns on the day.
- It is the participants responsibility if they have been in contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case to self-isolate as recommended by the government, current guidance for current guidance.
- We have undertaken new protocols to mitigate the risks of Covid-19 at the Centre, but all participants (and guardians/bookers for those under 18) must take responsibility for the decision to take on the risk of attending.
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
We recommend using public transport to get here.
Sat nav post code SW18 5NW takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park.
There is a small pay-and-display car park by Revelstoke Road, but it is often full.
Free car parking is also available at the Wimbledon Park Road entrance (sat nav SW19 6PE). It is a slightly longer walk across the grass to the Watersports Centre.
For more details email email@example.com
During the Wimbledon Tennis Championships there is no vehicle access to Wimbledon Park for dropping off and collecting. These parking restrictions may be enforced before the start and after the end date of the championships. Please check the All England Lawn Tennis website for specific traffic restrictions.