On this page
This privacy notice is currently under review to ensure compliance with new data protection legislation.
We, the Early Years, Childcare and Children’s Centre Service are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from agencies and organisations that you have been involved with. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support you and your child’s overall well being.
- monitor and report on the types of services you use
- monitor and report on the reasons why you use specific services
- provide appropriate care and family support
- assess how well the local children’s centre is doing and how many different people are using the centre
- provision of specific functions for which the local authority is responsible, such as the provision of children’s centres, showing that the services we provide have made a difference, early identification of need, early intervention, and provision of sufficient funded 2, 3 and 4 year old places.
This information includes your contact details, services that you use, the reasons why you use them, any questionnaires you complete, evaluation results, attendance information, characteristics such as ethnic group, employment and family status, special educational needs and any relevant family information. If your child has been identified as requiring family support via a CAF or R4S this information will be shared with LBM Officers and commissioned partners as agreed by you in the documentation. Support provided to you and your child will be monitored.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact the Early Years, Family Wellbeing and Early Help Service at email@example.com
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please go to data protection and freedom of information.
Data Protection Officer
London Borough of Merton