How to apply for a sixth form place
Application forms are available from secondary schools in Merton or directly from South Thames College.
Find a sixth form
Information on how to fill in your application and where to send the form will come with the application form itself.
You will be offered a guidance interview to discuss your course choices.
What happens after you’ve applied
You will receive a notification that your application has been received.
An appropriate programme will be negotiated, dependent on you achieving the criteria for your chosen courses.
You will receive information concerning the offer of a place.
Why choose a Merton sixth form?
Our sixth forms offer a broad, high quality curriculum for all students, including:
- AS and A level subjects
- diplomas and other applied courses (BTECs and NVQs)
- foundation learning
You can attend a school or college close to home where you will benefit from:
- small class sizes and a friendly, caring atmosphere
- the opportunity to study within a familiar environment
- the opportunity to develop friendships already made as well as make new ones
- excellent teaching and high quality support, advice and careers guidance
- exciting enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities
- strong links with businesses, universities and training providers
- all organisations in the Partnership offer additional support if you have a special educational need
Applying to faith schools in Merton
There are no religious criteria for applications to the sixth form at Ursuline, Wimbledon College and St Mark's. However, in the event of oversubscription,
Wimbledon College’s admissions policy applies. Please check with the school for further information.