Merton Council has a number of key roles in the Homes for Ukraine scheme:
- performing property and safeguarding checks
- putting in place support arrangements for refugees and their hosts
- providing education
- providing homelessness assistance;
- providing social care to children and adults
- making interim payments for refugees arriving under the Homes for Ukraine scheme
- community integration.
We have cancelled our gas contract with the Russian energy firm Gazprom to show our solidarity with Ukraine and to ensure that none of residents’ taxes end up funding the Russian government and its allied companies.