The Data Protection Act gives you the right to find out what personal information we hold about you.

How to make a request​

Download and complete a personal information request form or contact us using the address below.

Once you’ve filled in the form, please then post it or email it to us with proof of your identity (these can be scans, photocopies or photos of documents). We do not charge for these requests.

How to request records about your child

On the form, fill in the section about your child and send us proof of your and their identity. If your child is 12 years old or over, they must sign the form to allow us to send their personal information to you. 

How to request records relating to someone else​

If you are requesting records on behalf of someone else, they must sign the form to allow us to send you their personal information. You must also send us proof of your and their identity.

If you are asking for disclosure of information about someone under special provisions of the Data Protection Act, for example for investigative reasons, please complete the following form.

Third party request form

What we will do

We will respond within one month or sooner if possible. If the request is complex, we may extend this deadline. If we do, we will write to you and advise of the extension and the reason for it. If the documents contain third party information, we will remove that information before we send the copies to you.

Our performance

On-time responses

Year Number of requests we received % we responded to within the statutory deadline
​2022-23 108 58%​
2021-22 100 55%
2020-21 101 56%

We are required to respond to requests within one calendar month from the working day after the request was received. The deadline for responding to requests may be extended where authorities locate a significant volume of information.

Internal reviews

If a correspondent is unhappy with the way their request was handled, they can ask for an internal review, which will be conducted by an independent officer not involved in the original decision.

Information Commissioner

If, following an internal review, a requestor remains dissatisfied with the response they can approach the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) to ask them to review the decision.

Contact us

Information Governance Team
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Email: ​