Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Communities and neighbourhoods ❮ Pollution ❮ Air quality and air pollution ❮ 

Part B environmental permits


We recommend that you only submit applications online as our staff are working remotely. If you need help please contact Some applications may be delayed, particularly where they require an inspection of a premises or site assessment to be carried out.

If your business is closed and you are unable to pay the licence fee when due over the next few months, you can ask for a suspension of your licence by emailing

Part B environmental permits 

You must have a permit from us to carry out certain industrial and commercial processes that cause emissions to the air (known as Part B processes). These include dry cleaners, paint spraying operations, waste oil burners, crematoria and petrol stations. It is an offence to operate a Part B process without a permit. Some installations may also require planning permission.

For more information see Local authority environmental permits (GOV.UK website)


The register

Register of current permits issued - Part B Processes - March 2019


Current applications

There are no current applications.


Fees and charges

Fees and charges 2017/2018


Apply for a permit

Other permits:

Change and pay online (please check the fees above first)

Or print and post an Application form for a variation of a Part B process


Related websites

Industrial emissions (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs website)


Contact us

Environmental Health Section
Environment and Regeneration
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3025