We are trying to help businesses reduce energy costs and carbon emissions, whilst making the most of opportunities to adapt operations and supply chains.
We will update this webpage as new advice and support becomes available. Sign up to Merton’s Climate Action e-newsletter for future updates.
- Wimbledon Business Climate Challenge – in partnership with local business improvement districts (BIDS), the Mayor of London is providing extensive no-cost support to businesses to save on energy. Wimbledon BID is a named ‘Engagement Partner’, therefore businesses in and around Wimbledon can apply for support that saved participants of the 2021 scheme on average £8300 over 9 months.
- Net Zero Innovation Programme - Working with University College London and The Wheel, grant funding will be used to establish a pilot project in Morden investigating how SMEs can reduce waste and become more resource efficient. The project will also investigate opportunities for reducing the energy usage of local SMEs, given the cost-of-living crisis.
National and regional support
- Beat the Energy Crisis - The Mayor of London’s Better Futures + Programme have energy experts who are on hand to answer your questions, provide practical advice and offer in person site visits with consultants to identify quick wins to reduce energy usage and bills.
- The Zero Carbon Business Leadership Programme - Designed for busy SME leaders and packed with practical advice from how to manage your energy, cut energy costs, measure your carbon footprint, reduce emissions and how to promote what you’re doing to win more customers.
- Carbon Management Tool - 12-month membership to a carbon management tool plus 1:2:1 sessions with an advisor to hand hold businesses through the process, of measuring and tracking your carbon emissions.
- Boiler Upgrade Scheme - Running until 2025, the Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) is a UK Government initiative to encourage more people in England and Wales to install low carbon heating systems. It is open to homeowners, as well as owners of small business properties.
- The Workplace Charging Scheme Grant - The grant covers up to 75% of the total costs of the purchase and installation of EV chargepoints (inclusive of VAT).
- Journey Cost Calculator - Use the Journey Cost Calculator to discover the savings you could enjoy by switching from a petrol or diesel car to an electric vehicle (EV).
- Fleet Management Toolkit - The fleet management toolkit provides information and resources to help you lower your costs, while reducing the carbon emissions from your organisation’s vehicles and employee travel.
- Freight and Retrofit Advice - Advice and support to businesses who are looking to make their freight fleets more efficient and introduce electric vans and e-cargo bikes.