Due to Coronavirus it may be necessary to cancel or reschedule appointments and ceremonies at short notice.
By booking at this time you agree that you understand and accept the risk of late notice cancellations or rescheduling.
In the interest of our staff and other members of the public if you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell, experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or in isolation, do not attend your ceremony or appointment at Morden Park House.
We are now able to offer a modified citizenship ceremony. Please read below for details.
If your application for British citizenship is successful and you are aged 18 or over, you must attend a citizenship ceremony. This includes taking an oath or affirmation to the Queen and a pledge of loyalty to the United Kingdom.
Book a ceremony
We are now in a position to offer a modified citizenship ceremony.
- The ceremony will be held outside or distanced inside.
- Further to the Prime Minister's statement on 12th October 2020 If you live in an area where the Covid alert level is 'Very High' (tier 3) you should not make or attend appointments at Merton Register Office.
- You will be able to bring a maximum of 2 guests. However, from 17th October 2020 Merton, together with other London boroughs, has been assigned the Covid alert level of 'High' (tier 2) meaning that different households are banned from mixing indoors. Therefore, your 2 guests must be from the same household as the citizen(s). .
- Ceremonies will be held every other week on a Wednesday.
- Slots are available at 10am , 11am, 12noon and 1pm
You will need to bring:
- your Home Office invitation letter,
- photo ID e.g. a passport or a biometric residency card
without the above you will not be able to collect your certificate.
The next designated days are:
- Wednesday 28th October 2020
- Wednesday 11th November 2020
These designated days are subject to the weather on the day. Please check this page before you travel. If the ceremony needs to be moved inside face coverings will be required to be worn by everyone.
Private ceremonies will be available from 2nd July 2020 as an alternative to group ceremonies. These cost £100 per adult citizen and can be arranged within office hours.
Monday to Friday
Office Hours 9.00am – 4.30pm except for the third Thursday of every month when the office closes at 12.30pm.
Only the citizen themselves may book their place at a ceremony.
Telephone: 020 8274 5777
Merton Register Office
Morden Park House
Map of Merton Register Office