On this page
If your application for British citizenship is successful and you are aged 18 or over, you must attend a citizenship ceremony. This includes taking an oath or affirmation to the King and a pledge of loyalty to the United Kingdom.
We are now in a position to offer a modified citizenship ceremony.
- Ceremonies will be held every week on a Wednesday.
- Slots are typically available at 11am and 1pm
You will need to bring:
- your Home Office invitation letter,
- photo ID, for example a passport or a biometric residency card
without the above you will not be able to collect your certificate.
During the group ceremonies professional photographers are present to take pictures of citizens. You will be able to purchase prints from them on the day, alternatively you can visit their website the day after the ceremony and purchase prints online:
Private ceremonies are available as an alternative to group ceremonies. These cost £120 per adult citizen and can be arranged within office hours.
Monday to Friday
Office Hours 9.00am – 4.30pm except for the third Thursday of every month when the office closes at 12.30pm.
Christmas and New Year opening hours
- Monday 25 December 2023 - Closed
- Tuesday 26 December 2023 - Closed
- Wednesday 27 December 2023 - Normal Hours
- Thursday 28 December 2023 - Normal Hours
- Friday 29 December 2023 - Normal Hours
- Monday 1 January 2024 - Closed
- Tuesday 2 January onwards - Normal Hours
Only the citizen themselves may book their place at a ceremony.
Telephone: 020 8274 5777
Merton Register Office
Morden Park House