Scheme Completion - Southey Road between Kingston Road and Pelham Road, August 2016
The school road safety measures to cater for the school expansion was completed on time. Including two planted trees and two school flashing signs.
July 2016 Cabinet Member decision - Southey Road between Kingston Road and Pelham Road
Please refer to the report, works newsletter and Cabinet Member decision sheet using the links below.
Cabinet Member decision sheet
School Road safety improvement report
Update June 2016
The Cabinet Member for Environmental Sustainability and Regeneration in consultation with Ward Councillors has agreed to the following road safety measures:
- Footway extension with a prominent coloured speed table and the removal of the two existing sets of speed cushions on each approach. This will improve driver awareness to further reduce vehicle speeds.
- The relocation of the existing six shared use parking bays from outside the school entrance northwards along Southey Road.
- Junction entry treatment with footway buildouts at its junction with Kingston Road.
- Double yellow lines at cross-overs. This will remove indiscriminate and obstructive parking at these locations.
- New trees on the footway extension.
The statutory consultation to introduce the following changes starts on 28 April and ends on 20 May 2016.
- Changes to the location of the parking bays
- The introduction of the speed table and junction entry treatment
- The introduction of double yellow lines at cross-overs
- Modification of School KEEP CLEAR zig-zag markings
All representations must be made in writing to email@example.com
Please refer to the newsletter, plan and notices using the links below.