We will be reconstructing the section of Milner Road between Morden Road and the fire gate to create a healthier and pleasant street environment following the newly completed developments.
The improvements will include:
- Resurfacing of the carriageway and footway
- Narrowing of the junction with an extended
- Raised entry treatment and shared surface
- New trees
- Bollards to prevent parking on the private forecourt
- New street lighting
- Parking restrictions (Subject to statutory consultation)
What happens next
The only aspect of the proposal that is subject to a statutory consultation are the changes to the parking restrictions.
A Notice of our intention to introduce the parking restrictions that require a statutory consultation will be published in the local newspaper and posted on lamp columns in the vicinity on 16 January 2020.
All comments must be made either by emailing Traffic.AndHighways@merton.gov.uk or writing to Environment & Regeneration Department, FutureMerton, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX. All comments must be received no later than 7 February 2020 quoting reference Milner Rd_Improvements.