Havana Road - proposed safety measures - Wimbledon Park Primary School
Cabinet member for Regeneration, Environment and Housing in consultation with ward councillors has agreed to the following road safety measures:
- To introduce a 20mph speed limit - associative signs with an additional vertical measure (speed table) and the removal of the existing round top hump outside property number 37. This will raise driver awareness to further reduce vehicle speeds in the ‘zone’ specifically on approach to the school entrance where children and parents congregate.
- The implementation of a junction entry table with Lucien and Wellington Road - this will provide a safer area for pedestrians to cross and enable vehicles to drive at lower speeds with improved visibility of the junction ‘ahead’ where all road users, especially schoolchildren, are waiting to cross.
- The introduction of some road markings such as ‘slow’, ‘20mph’ and school child legends
The statutory consultation to introduce the following changes started on 12 December 2016 and ends on 13 January 2017. It considers:
- the introduction of a 20mph speed limit
- the introduction of the speed table
- the introduction of junction entry tables
All representations must be made in writing to email@example.com
Please refer to the newsletter, plan and notices: