Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Streets, parking and transport ❮ Streets and pavements ❮ 

Wall maintenance

Generally the walls and fences that surround property and fields are put up and maintained by the land owner.

We will maintain and repair:

  • walls supporting the structure of the highway - these are called highway retaining walls
  • walls retaining land that has been excavated in cutting to form a highway parapet wall on bridges
  • walls providing a safety barrier for example a steep drop at the other side of the wall