Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Streets, parking and transport ❮ Streets and pavements ❮ Flooding and rivers ❮ 

Get help during a flood

If water is entering your property or there is a risk to life, call the emergency services on 999.

Advice from central government:

If your property has been flooded and you need to speak to someone for advice please contact our Emergency Planning Team:

  • during working hours: 020 8274 4901
  • out of working hours: 020 8543 9750

We do not supply sandbags. Please see the Environment Agency's advice about sandbags.

You can dispose of flood-damaged furniture and other large items by using our bulky waste service. Check with your insurance company before disposing of damaged items to ensure any claim you make will still be valid.